Taking place on Friday 11th December. This webinar is being delivered in partnership with LawCare the leading charity for promoting wellbeing in the legal community.
Facilitated by Trish McLellan, LawCare’s Coordinator for Scotland and Northern Ireland. Trish was a Family law practitioner in the north-east of England prior to joining LawCare in January 2005.
Aims of the session: to understand how to look after and maintain good mental health during these challenging times with an emphasis on self-care
Areas the session will cover include:
- What is mental health and wellbeing?
- Exploring the workplace factors, specific to family law, that may compromise wellbeing
- Effects of personality traits
- What is stress and how can it present its self?
- Being vigilant about vicarious trauma
- Impact of stigma
- Responsibilities and duties to clients, and how to accept limitations
- Resilience and risk factors
- Importance of effective boundaries, self-care and self-management
- The cornerstones of stress management
- Available support and resources
There will be the opportunity for Q&A as part of the session.