Trainer: Nigel Clarke
Trainer: Sue Palmer-Conn
|View Nigel's Bio||Meet our faculty|
27th February 2024 (online)
As family law professionals we are used to dealing with clients when they are facing the prospect of separation and divorce, and when they feel anxious and uncertain about their futures living apart.
Inevitably, clients face a time of significant change, disruption to their daily lives and the lives of their children.
Some clients will cope reasonably well and adjust but for some the change and uncertainty can have a significant impact on their mental and emotional health and the wellbeing of their children too.
Managing and helping clients in these difficult circumstances can also take its toll on family professionals, so it is important that he have some understanding of the impact this can have to enable us to put in place strategies to help us better manage these challenges.
This course will:
- Provide you with a baseline knowledge and further understanding of some of the difficulties that can arise from separation and divorce, conflict and change and how these may impact on families;
- Help you understand the effect of separation and divorce on the mental and emotional health of adults, children and young people;
- Help you understand the impact of loss and grief when relationships break down;
- Help you better understand how to manage transient emotional health issues, the effects of substance mis-use, the potential for depression, self-harm and suicide;
- Understand what is important and begin to develop strategies and better manage working with individuals who have a longer-term or pre-diagnosed mental or emotional health issue;
- Help you to build and maintain professional boundaries with clients and work within own competence;
- Help you manage for your own self-care by helping you to identify, recognise and seek relevant support where necessary, so you are best placed to manage and understand the personal affect of working closely with clients who have mental and emotional health issues over prolonged periods of time.
Other new modules now available
- Initial Meetings – how to work with potential client/s from the very beginning. Designing services to their needs and situation (including integrated service), and assisting them to make affordable choices using the full range of available opportunities.
- Communications Skills – this practical and interactive course will focus on developing excellence in communication skills including effective listening, reading non-verbal cues and strategies for dealing with difficult clients.
- Children & Parental Separation – providing baseline knowledge, skill, critical awareness and understanding of the effects of parental and family separation/change.
Any queries, please contact: email@example.com