Maria Goodyear

Back to member search

Chivers Solicitors

member-icon Member

job-title-icon Solicitor

address-icon Arden House, Wellington Street, Park Road, Bingley
BD16 2NB,
United Kingdom

tel-icon 07773398641


language-icon Italian

  • Offers fixed fee interview
  • Offers free advice
  • Accepts legal aid
Contact member now

I qualified as a solicitor in 1999 and has for the last 21 years worked in a number of firms in Bradford and Leeds as an employee and as a Partner becoming a self employed consultant with Chivers solicitors in 2011.

My specialism is in the area of divorce, civil partnerships, separation and all financial aspects concerning the breakdown in relationships, representing parents and grandparents in matters relating to children and also parties involved in injunction proceedings. Prior to qualifying I lived and worked abroad and as a result has special knowledge of the needs of British nationals living abroad and members of the armed forces.

My experience and expertise extends to advising and assisting couples in the preparation of pre-nuptial agreements to ensure they know exactly where they stand if the relationship comes to an end.

As a member of Resolution, an organisation that is committed to conducting matters in a non- confrontational manner wherever possible and encourages parties to reach agreement rather than take the matter to court and I will always endeavour to provide my clients with clear jargon free advice on family law and the provide the most cost effective way of resolving disputes.

Maria Goodyear is able to deal with the following matters:

Children Matters.

Child arrangement orders
Special Guardianship orders.
Adoption (Private)
Separation Agreements relating to children.

Divorce and Dissolution of Civil Partnerships

Preparation of petition.
Separation agreements relating to financial matters Financial orders relating to divorce and civil partnerships.

Wills and probate

Preparation of single and mirror wills.

Preparation of civil documentation

Change of name documentation.
Power of attorney
Documents confirming parental consent/authority to travel abroad.

For more information and free initial half hour consultation email


Out of court services offered

Areas of work
Children (care proceedings and adoption) Children (divorce and separation) Finances (divorce and separation)

Make an enquiry with this member

  • Hidden