If you’re a member you can access more information about this committee by Logging in. If you’re not a member join here.
The Children Committee works to protect children in the family justice system and help members put children at the centre of family justice.
They aim to:
- Promote a child-friendly way of working
- Encourage, improve and promote good practice in the field of children law.
- Influence government policy, law, and family justice changes that affect children and practitioners who work with them and their parents.
- Improve practice and procedure.
- Keep up-to-date with, inform the Resolution membership of, and respond to relevant changes, developments, and issues in the field of children law.
- Raise the profile of children specialists and children’s issues
Generally, the focus of the committee’s work is on:
- Campaigning and lobbying for change by proposing campaign issues and supporting organisational campaigns
- Coordinating Resolution’s policy in regards children law and practise
- Responding to consultations and assisting with research
- Proposing, delivering, and supporting the delivery of training, including at National Conference
- The provision of guidance materials and resources for members
- The provision of precedents/supporting materials for precedents.