Resolution is a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way. All members sign-up to the Code of Practice and are expected to complete training about using it in their day-to-day work. Associate members support the Code and are encouraged to apply it in their work.
Resolution membership is about the approach we take to our work, this means Resolution members will:
- Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation; for example, by not using inflammatory language.
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use my experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop my knowledge and skills.
- Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in my day-to-day work.
And work with other Resolution members to uphold this Code and ensure it is at the heart of everything I do.
Members can order free copies of the Code of Practice to give to their clients.