What can you expect from a Resolution member?
Dealing with separation and divorce is difficult. Emotions are high and even if two people agree, the changes can be overwhelming and stressful.
Resolution believes the process of separating, sorting out finances and child care can and should be done in a way that minimises conflict and keeps the best interests of any children at the heart.
Resolution is an organisation of lawyers and other family justice professionals who are committed to following a non-confrontational and constructive approach to resolving family issues. Our Code of Practice promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
This means you can expect a Resolution member to:
- Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect.
- Explain all the options and give you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Help you focus on what’s important in the long-term.
- Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Work with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Manage stress in what can be an already stressful situation.
Resolution has members across England and Wales providing a range of services, from lawyers and barristers to financial advisers and family therapists, but everyone agrees to respect our Code of Practice when working to resolve your issues.
Family Law professionals who are Resolution members are identified by our membership logo.
If you are looking for support with your family issue, find help near you.