The Drafting Committee supports best practice by maintaining a ‘gold standard’ for financial orders and agreements which is clear and nationally consistent.
To do this, the committee:
- Supports members by maintaining a set of orders and agreements with a finance focus.
- Ensures all such documents are technically correct and provides guides to the documents through footnotes.
- Maintains the orders and agreements, ensuring they’re kept up to date.
- Provides a reference point for technical questions.
- Teaches members about everyday drafting issues.
During the year ahead the committee will:
- Put into place the future approach to financial remedies order precedents
- Complete the outstanding work on the financial remedies order precedents
- Complete a new edition of the Resolution Marital Agreements.
- Keep the Cohabitation Agreements under review and up to date.
- With the Head of Editorial manage issues related to the timeline and development plans for individual projects.
- Assess what is of value to members in regards to drafting and prioritising its work in line with this.
- Identify policy issues related to drafting.