If you’re a member you can access more information about this committee by Logging in. If you’re not a member join here.
The International Committee aims to encourage, improve and promote good practice in the field of international family law.
They do this by:
- Informing the Resolution membership of relevant changes, developments, or issues in the field of international family law.
- Providing opportunities for member development (both legally and practically) through the provision of education, updates and appropriate learning materials to the Resolution membership on international family law.
- Lobbying for changes in international family law and practice.
- Ensuring Resolution’s policies are reflected in consultations thereby influencing policy, legislation and regulations.
- Considering and understanding any proposed changes to international family law, with a particular focus on understanding the impact on members’ practice.
- Broadening professional international relationships and knowledge by developing relationships with individuals and organisations outside England & Wales.
- Providing a forum for sharing expertise and experience.
Their activities include:
- Proactively identifying and discussing practical points, proposals, relevant cases, and where changes are required in the field of international family law, agreeing next steps and actions to take.
- Maintenance and improvement of the online guide to international family law
- Delivering national and regional conferences, seminars and workshops on new legislation or issues in the field of international family law
- Responding to government consultations and proposed regulations