Trainer: Angela Lake-Carroll
Trainer: Suzy Power
This course has been approved by the Family Mediation Standards Board.
Member Price - £1,020
Non-Member Price - £1,122
22-24 April 2020 – London
Following the recommendations of the Voice of the Child dispute resolution advisory group, the FMC and Family Mediation Standards Board have recently approved the new standards for child inclusive mediation.
This new 40 hour training course for mediators who wish to train to meet with children and young people includes attended and distance-based learning. Mediators are required to complete 19 hours of the training by remote study which will take place as assignments and projects before, during and after the attended part of the course which comprises three days of attended training.
In order to apply, you must:
• Be registered with the FMC as an accredited mediator
• Have the written endorsement for your application from your PPC (please download the letter below)
• Have attended a one-day Child Inclusive Mediation Awareness and Understanding Day
The course is continually assessed and you must have completed the course successfully before entering practice.
Before booking this course, please ensure you have read through the pre-course information.
Please ensure you provide this letter to your PPC and attach their endorsement to your booking below.
Please note that we will contact you to confirm your place and arrange payment once we have received your application.
Pre-course work – important information
In addition to pre-course reading, there are three assignments which will need to be completed ahead of the course. These are:
- Essay – 2000 words – time expected to complete: 10 hours
- Discussion with a parent and write up of responses and observations – 1000 words – time expected to complete: 4 hours
- Discussion with a child and write up of responses and observations – 1000 words – time expected to complete: 5 hours
Please note your pre-course work needs to be returned to us by 9th April 2020 at the very latest. We will therefore only be able to take bookings up until Thursday 26th March.