The Resolution family finance forum is suitable for all practitioners in family law who want to gain a deeper understanding of family law-related financial issues.
5 December 2023 – 1:30pm – 4.30pm (online)
December’s Family Finance Forum will cover three hot topics for financial planners that specialise on divorce and separation.
1:30pm – 2:15pm
How cashflow modelling can increase the value you add to your clients
Presented by Lottie Kent
We will explore, how cash flow modelling:
- Can increase clients’ confidence to make informed decisions
- Is used with individuals
- Is used when working with a couple
- The assumptions used – the ongoing debate
2.15pm – 3.00pm
CGT and divorce – out with the old and in with the new
Presented by Rebecca Fisher
From 6 April 2023 a new rule book for CGT on divorce was introduced. The new legislation is sweeping and significant. The changes include:
- Extending the period of no gain/no loss for separating couples
- Changes to the tax treatment of the FMH and principal private residence relief
- Unlimited period of no gain/no loss for divorcing couples
- What happens to variations of existing orders and their tax treatment?
- What are the tax rules for cohabiting couples?
- Are there any other tax traps on the context of divorce?
3.00pm – 3.15pm: Break
3.15pm – 4.00pm
The Role of the Financial Neutral
Presented by Tom Farrell & Steve Hennessy
This talk will cover…
- the role of the Financial Neutral
- how to attract new business
- the practical and technical must-knows.
- Standalone work versus fitting into a DR process
- regulatory considerations
- charging – when and on what basis?
4.00pm – 4.30pm: Questions & close
- Resolution has a no refund policy unless we need to cancel due to circumstances which are out of our control.
- In some instances, dependent on notice period given, you will be able to provide a replacement delegate, however this would be at Resolution’s discretion and dependant on viability of the course or event running.
- Refunds are not available in any other circumstances.
Terms and conditions – all events
- Resolution’s cancellation policy applies to all courses and events.
- The programme, timings and content are subject to variation where necessary.
- Resolution is only responsible for content that is copyrighted by Resolution. Any views expressed by the speakers are their own.
- Please ensure you complete the dietary and accessibility form upon booking or within the timeframe specified after your booking has been made. We cannot guarantee that dietary or accessibility requirements will be met if the information is provided outside of this timeframe.
- Your place is not guaranteed on the course or event until payment has been received in full. All courses and events are booked on a first come, first served basis and your place may be taken by another paying delegate if your payment is delayed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your details and ticket selection are correct upon booking and in any following confirmation communication from Resolution.