We are looking for a Matrimonial Solicitor to join our Family team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a highly regarded team of accredited specialists with many years’ experience working in this specialised area of law, and as such are highly recognised in the Legal 500.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an experienced Matrimonial Solicitor with at least 7 years PQE
• have experience in family disputes including divorce, civil partnership dissolution, separation after living together as cohabitees, finance and private law children cases
• have good working knowledge of the current law as applied to Family law
• be a Resolution member
• be committed to delivering a high level of client service
• have excellent client care and communication skills
• have a proven track record in this field
This is an excellent opportunity for career progression for the right candidate, to build their own and the firm’s profile whilst advancing to team leadership with responsibility for developing an interesting niche caseload and supervising and assisting in the development of junior members of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Primarily to deal with family cases and related matters as agreed with and directed by the partners.
2. To contribute to the overall provision of legal services on behalf of the firm, by conducting all matters so assigned, at all times ensuring that the professional standards of the firm and the profession are adhered to.
3. Maintain professional standards of work and comply with The SRA Handbook, practice management standards and agreed codes of relevant specialist groupings and court practice directions.
4. Maintain professional standards of work and comply with external and internal regulatory requirements where relevant, comply with internal policy and provide a service in accordance with the policy set out in the office manual.
5. Achieve fee targets.
6. Provide a legal service to the Lexcel standard as laid down in the office manual.
7. Receive instructions from clients and identify tasks to be done and plan work, researching where necessary and delegating if appropriate.
8. Ensure client is kept informed of progress and discuss details of the case with client giving advice as appropriate.
9. Ensure that the client files and records are maintained in accordance with Lexcel specification and file management procedures.
10. To assist with and comply with Practice Manager and supervisors in the event it is necessary to respond to complaints concerning conduct of work.
• Written and oral communication skills
• IT skills
• Current law as applied to Family law.
• Conduct of divorce, finance and private law children cases.
Qualifications & Accreditations
• Solicitor at least 7 years PQE
• Resolution member
• Being mediation and/or collaboratively accredited desirable
Attributes (Competency Framework), People and Leadership
• A team player
• Responsible for producing good quality work and facilitating productive working relationships with colleagues
• Is considered as a ‘safe pair of hands and has the experience and ability to deal with complex/high net worth matters
• May supervise some work and provide feedback on the performance of Paralegals, Trainee Solicitors and Assistants
• Expected to behave in a manner which is consistent with the firm’s values and behaviours
• Achieves the financial objectives and targets set for them with minimal supervision
• Is aware of the importance of properly scoping work, clearly explaining to the client what a matter will cost, issuing regular bills and assisting cashiers with payment
• Uses, understands and interprets the firm’s financial reporting systems
Business Development, client relationships and marketing
• Provides an excellent service to clients that meets their expectations
• Receives good feedback from clients
• Knows how to progress matters in line with client expectations
• Is interested in and understands what we offer to clients
• Is able to establish common ground when communicating with clients
• Demonstrates a natural ease when dealing with people
• Takes advantage of opportunities to start to develop internal and external networks and understands the value of these networks for the future
• Participates in marketing and business development events
• Identifies marketing and BD opportunities
We are well known for being a friendly, inclusive and collegiate firm. We value our staff and acknowledge daily that personal development enriches the working environment for all. Our teams are rightly proud of the achievements they make every day on behalf of their clients.
All Miles and Partners team members benefit from:
• the opportunity to be part of a team of passionate lawyers at the top of their game
• a supportive team who love what they do and like to have fun together doing it, whether it’s over lunch or in team events
• hybrid working for all – combining remote and in-office work creating the opportunity for work-life balance
• the chance get involved in our legal community and improve access to justice for all – we support the Great Legal Bake and the London Legal Walk
• recognition for a job well done or moments that matter in your life – we celebrate Eid, Christmas, Pride and Black History Month together, and many more
• flexible use of the Easter Bank holidays to celebrate other religious festivals
• additional benefits to enhance your health and wellness including an employee assistance programme delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider, as well as monthly wellbeing events
• a cycle to work scheme – purchase a bike and accessories and safety equipment through your gross salary, saving 25-39%
• consideration for the annual discretionary bonus scheme.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community – we recruit on merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Terms to be agreed with salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Applicants should send a C.V. and covering letter to the email address below.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org