Sweetman Burke & Sinker
Solicitor Advocate - Consultant
158/160 Broadway, West Ealing
07585 700 446
- Offers fixed fee interview
- Offers free advice
- Accepts legal aid
Provides legal aid for
- Children work
- Family work
Emma Taylor is a Consultant, Solicitor Advocate and a Children and Family Law Specialist. She was admitted as a Solicitor in 1993 and as such has a wealth of experience in her area of law. Emma has been an Accredited Member of the Law Society Children Panel since 1999 and an appointed Solicitor Advocate (Higher Courts, Civil) since 2007.
Emma was previously employed as a specialist Children and Family Law Solicitor, Supervisor and Head of the Family Departments in provincial practices before moving to London in 2000, where she subsequently became a Consultant Solicitor Advocate with the firm.
She advises clients on all aspects of Family Law, with a particular expertise in child care proceedings and private law children matters.
As an Accredited Member of the Children Panel and a specialist, Emma has extensive experience in handling child care proceedings involving multiple parties, significant evidential and legal issues, substantial medical evidence, complex injury and abuse. She is skilled in representing and communicating with clients with mental health and learning difficulties and clients who can be volatile and often vulnerable. Emma also has experience of successfully handling cases that have attracted considerable media attention. She undertakes negotiations in all of her cases in a conciliatory and non-adversarial approach.
As a Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience, Emma represents her clients including children, parents, adults, grandparents and other family members, at all levels of the Family Court system. She is a Resolution and Association of Lawyers for Children member and is committed to helping clients achieve the best outcome for them and matching the legal process best suited to their needs, avoiding court proceedings wherever possible.
As a specialist, Emma has been listed in the Legal 500 in 1999 and 2011, has a number of reported cases and has also provided comment and debate on live radio on local and national Family Law issues.
Areas of Work
Child Protection/Child Care
- Emergency Protection Orders
- Care & Supervision Orders
- Placement Orders
- Secure Accommodation Orders
- Contact with a child in Local Authority Care
- Child protection investigations and Pre- Proceedings meetings with the Local Authority
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Parental Responsibility
- Child Arrangement Orders
- Specific Issues Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders
- Removal from the jurisdiction.
- Relocation Overseas
- Child support and financial provision for children
- Special Guardianship Orders
Divorce, Relationship Breakdown & Domestic Abuse
- Divorce and separation
- Dissolution of a Civil Partnership
- Financial claims on divorce, separation and dissolution
- Cohabitation disputes
- Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements
- Pre-civil partnership agreements and cohabitation agreements
- Unmarried families
- Injunctions and emergency remedies : Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders
- Varying and enforcing existing Orders
- X (Habitual Residence), Re  EWFC 84
- The London Borough of Haringey v LM & Ors. (2014) EWFC B172
- R V A Local Authority & Ors. (2011) EWCA Civ 1451
- Shipton v Foulkes (2001) 3 FCR 306 CA
- Re: D (Care: Natural Parent Presumption) (1999) 1 FLR 134 CA
- The Law Society
- Association of Lawyers for Children
- Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Association of Child Abuse Lawyers
- National Association of Guardian Ad Litem and Reporting Officers(NAGALRO)
- The Association of Women Solicitors