Family Law Partners
5 Clifton Mews, Clifton Hill, Brighton
- Resolution accredited specialist
I am a Director at Family Law Partners (winners of the Law Society’s medium law firm of the year award 2019). We are ranked by Chambers & Partners as the only Band 1 firm in Brighton and the surrounds. Legal 500 say we are “…very much at the front end of the innovation side of family law”. We agree!
FLP consists of specialist family lawyers, a Family Law Arbitrator, 5 Mediators & 8 collaborative lawyers. Our approach is to support clients who need assistance with family law related issues at the beginning and end of relationships.
I sit as a Deputy District Judge in the County & Family Court (with a section 8 and fianncial remedies ticket) and I am a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. I am a member of Resolution.
As a firm, we see external validation of our experience and expertise as being important. The leading law directories have described me as a key individual. Comments include:
*A satisfied client said “He is straightforward and has a pragmatic approach. He can think outside the box and has the patience and ability to explain legal matters in layman’s terms. He is supportive and sympathetic, and makes himself readily available, which has impressed me.” (Chambers UK 2016);
* He continues to come recommended for his strengths in high-value matrimonial finance disputes.”Robert “enjoys an outstanding reputation in matrimonial finance cases, particularly in relation to high-value business assets and complex tax arrangements. “He is very accomplished and has excellent presentation skills,” observers state. (Chambers UK 2018);
* He is recognised in the 2019 edition of the Legal 500 for his financial remedy and arbitration work, described as a ‘first-rate, empathetic family lawyer’. (Legal 500 2019)
* He really fights the client’s corner but is also willing to do a deal if a deal is to be done. (Chambers UK 2020)
I specialise in family law, acting for UK and international clients with a particular interest in financial remedy cases.
I aim to secure workable and long term solutions for my clients, promoting non court based options. I look to ensure that all my clients are equipped with the resources necessary to cope with the stresses associated with relationship breakdown.
Specialties: – acting for parties on high value divorce/disollutions/separations, particularly with pension issues
– dealing with cases using the collaborative law model
– advising on pre and post nuptial agreements and living together agreements
– advising on cohabitation disputes
– focussing on achieving imaginative, pragmatic and workable solutions