Congratulations to Grace Bradley of the Family Law Company who won the Family Award, sponsored by Resolution, at the 2022 Legal Aid Lawyer of the Years Awards (The LALYs).
Grace Bradley specialises in child abduction and ‘honour-based violence’ cases, and has acted in a number of widely reported cases. After picking up the award last night Grace said:
“Legal aid lawyers deal with particularly horrific cases and the people we represent are completely voiceless. This award is for all of the lawyers in this room who work tirelessly day in and day out to give our clients a voice by fighting for justice.”
Resolution would also like to congratulate Alison Leivesley (Bindmans) and Deborah Piccos (TV Edwards) who were also nominated for the family award.
The winners for all awards are listed below.
- Legal Aid Newcomer – Ciara Bartlam (Garden Court North)
- Legal Aid Support Staffer – David Neale (Garden Court Chambers); and Lesley Kennedy Neal (Wilson Solicitors)
- Disability Rights – Anna Moore (Leigh Day)
- Family Law – Grace Bradley (The Family Law Company)
- Criminal Defence – Laura O’Brien (Hodge Jones & Allen)
- Legal Aid Barrister – Amean Elgadhy (One Pump Court)
- Legal Aid Firm/Not-for-Profit Agency – UCL Integrated Legal Advice Clinic
- Regional Legal Aid Firm/Not-for-Profit Agency – Johnson Astills
- Public Law – Qaisar Sheikh – Coram Children’s Legal Centre
- Social Welfare Law – Chris McKendry (Wilson Solicitors)
- Housing Law – Rajea Sultana (Miles & Partners)
- Outstanding Achievement – Zia Nabi (Doughty Street Chambers)