Taking place from 18-22 January 2021, Family Mediation Week raises awareness of mediation and how it can help separating families manage their issues collaboratively and productively.
This campaign is organised by The Family Mediation Council (FMC) and there are plenty of activities to get involved with during the week.
- Launch event on Zoom: John Taylor, Chair of the Family Mediation Council, will host the official launch event with messages of support from Justice Minister Alex Chalk MP and Mrs Justice Theis, the senior Family Division Liaison Judge. Monday, 18 January. 9:15-10am.
- Mock mediation webinar: Professionals who are keen to learn more about what happens in a mediation session can see for themselves in this mock webinar being launched on Tuesday, 19 January.
- Virtual coffee mornings: Join mediators from around England and Wales who are ready to answer all the questions you may have about mediation over a cup of coffee. Wednesday, 20 January. 9:30-11am.
- Co-parenting app demonstration: Our Family Wizard will showcase their app which aims to solve some of the challenges of co-parenting, and will demonstrate how it can help separating families. Thursday, 21 January. 11am.
- Tweet your support: To try and get mediation trending on Twitter to finish off the week, the FMC are encouraging professionals to tweet about mediation on Friday, 22 January from 10-11am. Be sure to use the hashtag: #FamilyMediationWeek and check out this video for some ideas on what to post.
During Family Mediation Week, we’ll also be sharing some of the most important mediation resources that Resolution has to offer. Look out for this on social media and in your email inbox during the week.