If you’re a member you can access more information about this committee by Logging in. If you’re not a member join here.
The Domestic Abuse committee works to develop and promote the awareness of issues around all aspects of domestic abuse.
They aim to:
- Identify and develop training and education for all Resolution members, not just legal professionals
- Promote specialist accreditation, setting and maintaining standards
- Identify best practice to ensure practitioners can deal with domestic abuse
- Promote change wherever necessary, engaging external stakeholders to improve policy, regulation and legislation
Their work focusses on:
- Lobbying and consultation, for example, in relation to legal aid funding issues, vulnerable clients, and so on.
- Identifying and developing training, both face-to-face and online. This will include a workshop at National Conference.
- Raising awareness amongst the Resolution membership of domestic abuse related issues.
- Attending relevant conferences and conventions.
- Considering and discussing the best way to achieve its aims either by training, lobbying or promoting to the membership.