This introductory online course will give you an overview of domestic abuse, how it manifests itself and how you can identify if your client may have been a victim.
Developed by Resolution’s Domestic Abuse Committee, this course provides practical information and guidance on how to screen for domestic abuse and provide safeguarding.
The essential skills you will learn:
- How to assess what is happening emotionally in your client’s family and how to ensure that enough support is in place
- How to conduct an interview with a client from an issue of financial disclosure through to disclosure about a safeguarding issue
- How to communicate with your client about their experience of domestic abuse
- How to discuss children matters where there is a safeguarding matter in a domestic abuse case
The knowledge you will learn:
- The current situation of domestic abuse in the country
- When to disclose to a social services about the welfare of a child
- The steps required to safeguard a child or children in a domestic abuse case
- The typical legal considerations to bear in mind when considering legal remedies for a domestic abuse case