Resolution's Family Finance Forums are suitable for all practitioners in family law who want to gain a deeper understanding of family law-related financial issues.
This digital learning session will cover three hot topics from our recent Family Finance Forum:
How cashflow modelling can increase the value you add to your clients
Presented by Lottie Kent
We will explore, how cash flow modelling:
- Can increase clients’ confidence to make informed decisions
- Is used with individuals
- Is used when working with a couple
- The assumptions used – the ongoing debate
CGT and divorce – out with the old and in with the new
Presented by Rebecca Fisher
From 6 April 2023 a new rule book for CGT on divorce was introduced. The new legislation is sweeping and significant. The changes include:
- Extending the period of no gain/no loss for separating couples
- Changes to the tax treatment of the FMH and principal private residence relief
- Unlimited period of no gain/no loss for divorcing couples
- What happens to variations of existing orders and their tax treatment?
- What are the tax rules for cohabiting couples?
- Are there any other tax traps on the context of divorce?
The Role of the Financial Neutral
Presented by Tom Farrell & Steve Hennessy
This talk will cover…
- the role of the Financial Neutral
- how to attract new business
- the practical and technical must-knows.
- Standalone work versus fitting into a DR process
- regulatory considerations
- charging – when and on what basis?