Trainer: Angela Lake-Carroll
Trainer: Suzy Power
This mediation refresher training spread over three days aims to renew and update mediators' knowledge of the mediation process and their mediation skills.
18th-20th September 2019 – London
This three-day course has been designed for mediators who applied to the FMC for a two-year extension to complete their portfolios for accreditation.
About the course
The objective of the course is to renew and update mediators’ knowledge of the mediation process and their mediation skills. It will also provide an update on relevant developments since their training to help participants focus on their next steps and pursue accreditation with renewed confidence.
- The mediation process, core skills and advances in practice
- Conducting first appointments to encourage the take up of mediation
- Managing separate confidential meetings prior to mediation and engaging with the clients
- Renewing knowledge and skills in supporting parents and their children through the turbulence of family separation, including an outline of the proposed adoption of child inclusive practice
- Updating safeguarding information and the sensitive and practical management of assessment
- Accreditation and business processes, including portfolio requirements, the competencies in the Standards Framework, and value of the PPC relationship
- Focusing on your development needs, including a future action plan to enable you to reenergise your mediation practice.
Participants will be required to have carried out self-assessment of their own development needs with the support of their PPC prior to the start of the course.