This webinar will consider family court closures internationally across six jurisdictions in the response to Covid-19 and how each is providing access to justice.
23 April 2020 – 2-3pm UK time
We will discuss the current situation regarding the global access to family justice during the extraordinary times we live in.
- When the lockdown has come into effect across different jurisdictions, in particular regarding access to courts and education
- The current level of access to family courts at first instance and at appeal level
- How technology and remote access is being facilitated in different jurisdictions
- Patterns of court closure in holiday periods and how urgent cases are being managed
- Sarah Lucy Cooper – England & Wales
- Wong Kai Yun – Singapore
- David Truex – Australia
- Diana Carrillo – Spain
- Patricia Williams – Argentina
- Natalia Ołowska-Czajka – Poland
- Fernanda Machado Moreira – Brazil
Others speakers to be confirmed.