Our annual Family Practice Conference puts innovative practice in dispute resolution front and centre. Always an energising two days, we’re bringing the community together to exchange ideas, gain insights from the Henry Brown lecture and dive into a wide range of workshops.
This year’s event will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Nottingham.
What can I expect?
This year’s conference will be shaped around the theme of domestic abuse, an important and sensitive issue that all family practitioners must feel confident and skilled in addressing effectively.
We will be welcoming experts from around the world to lead thought-provoking discussions and share best practice.
Highlights will include:
- Keynote Address by Dr Adrienne Barnett, Brunel University
- The Henry Brown Lecture with Bill Eddy, Chief Innovation Officer at the High Conflict Institute, California
- A choice of interactive workshops including:
- An in-depth look at financial abuse in family law
- The power of language to change minds
- The neuroscience behind – and strategies for dealing with – resistant and defensive behaviours
- Essential information about pension sharing for family lawyers
- Overcoming the obstacles to dispute resolution – a 5-step process from MELCA, Australia
- Informal café discussions – exchanging insights on topical issues
- Plenty of opportunities to network with the community and meet exhibitors including the conference dinner and drinks
Feedback from last year’s event
“What a fantastic couple of days at the Family Practice Conference! I’ve left feeling very inspired and with lots of food for thought”
Gemma Hope, Family Law Partners
“It was a pleasure to attend the Family Practice conference yesterday. Louisa Whitney spoke brilliantly about the value in communicating with compassion, and I’m leaving with lots of tips about what I can do to be a solution focussed family lawyer.”
Georgie Blears, Mills and Reeve
With thanks to our conference sponsors