Coronavirus bulletin, edition 5
Tuesday, 7 April 2020
- HM Courts and Tribunals Service has agreed its family business priorities detailing what work must be completed in spite of Covid-19. They have also put arrangements in place to ensure applications for child arrangements (C100 applications) are processed. To avoid delays, use the online child arrangements service wherever possible.
- The Legal Aid Agency has put in place a number of arrangements in response to Covid-19. Handily, we’ve summarised the developments most of interest to family law practitioners which are expected to continue until 30 June 2020.
- Additionally, the Legal Aid Practitioners Group has launched a free support service open to all legal aid providers for business continuity and LAA contract compliance issues arising from the Covid-19 crisis.
- A revised third version of the Remote Access Family Court document has been issued by Mr Justice McDonald.
- The Nuffield Family Justice Observatory are sourcing data, evidence and sharing knowledge to inform the rapid decision making necessary to protect vulnerable children and families amid the pandemic. Tomorrow evening, they are hosting a Digital ThinkIn with Tortoise Media asking the question: Can we do digital child protection and family justice safely – and fairly?