An online panel discussion with highly respected experts on Cohabitation Law across both England & Wales and Scotland. We'll be uncovering some of the key comparisons from both sides of the border, and how this impacts family justice professionals and their clients.
Join us for a lively panel debate with family law experts from North and South of the border on Wednesday, 17 March 2021.
We’ll be taking a deep dive into Anglo and Scottish Cohabitation Law, asking our panellists some of the key questions for family lawyers and their clients.
- Who are the winners and losers on both sides of the border?
- What do they see as the most contentious aspects?
- How do they view each other’s Cohabitation law?
We’ll also be sharing insights from the Scottish Law Commission’s ongoing review and the status of the 2007 English Law Commission report.
Our panellists bring a rich set of perspectives and experiences to the debate:
- Kate Dowdalls QC, Scottish Law Commissioner
- Professor Nicholas Hopkins, England and Wales Law Commissioner
- Joanna Miles, Reader in Family Law & Policy, Director of Studies and Fellow in Law, Trinity College, University of Cambridge
- Kirsty Morris, Legal Director, Burgess Mee
- Lucia Clark, Partner, Morton Fraser LLP, Edinburgh