Financial advisors join Resolution as associates, by achieving accreditation you will become a full member of the organisation. If you haven’t joined and would like to start working towards accreditation find out more about membership here.
To achieve Resolution accredited status, you must pass two assignments:
- The Core Assignment: an open-book assignment, taken over a set weekend, which assesses your ability to fulfil the competencies set out in the Prospectus.
- Portfolio Assignments: the creation of two portfolios of work to prove you have the knowledge and experience outlined in the Prospectus in two different topic areas. You will have approximately eight weeks to complete the portfolio assignments
We run one round of accreditation each year and you can take the assignments in the same round or separately. If you take the assignments separately you must take the Core assignment first. The next round will take place in Autumn 2020.
We publish the level of knowledge and experience (the competencies) you need in order to pass the accreditation in the Prospectus. This means you can assess whether you feel you are ready to apply or not. Our assessors mark against the same competencies that you can read in the prospectus, the process is open, transparent and robust.
Portfolio assignments are available in the following subjects:
- Pensions (this is a mandatory unit)
- Cashflow modelling and budgeting
- Taxation and state benefits