What you can complain to Resolution about

Please refer to our full complaints policy and procedure for more details.

We can deal with your complaint if:

  • You are complaining about a Resolution member, not an Associate member.  To check whether someone is a current Resolution member, search for them on our directory
  • You are complaining about a Resolution member who has acted outside of the Code of Practice.
  • You have exhausted the internal complaints procedure with the firm concerned.
  • There are no ongoing proceedings or negotiations.
  • You have not sued for negligence, and you do not intend to sue for negligence.
  • The matter your complaint relates to completed within the last 12 months.
  • It does not relate to an issue we’ve already dealt with.

If your complaint is about a mediator please contact the Family Mediation Council (FMC) FMC.

Resolution has no authority to deal with complaints that relate to regulation or court rules, such as delays, costs, negligence or other professional misconduct such as lying or misrepresenting facts. We can help you find the right organisation to make a complaint to if this is the case for you.

If you don’t think your complaint relates to our Code of Practice, another organisation might be able to help:

This flowchart can help you work out where to direct your complaint: