Make a complaint about a member

If you have feedback about one of our members you can contact us at any time. If you would like to make a complaint we have a transparent process for dealing with your concerns.

If a member works outside the Resolution Code of Practice you can make a complaint.

All complaints about Resolution FMC registered Mediators will be handled by the Family Mediation Council. If you are unsure who to address your complaint to please contact us for more information.

Before you make a complaint to Resolution

Check they are a member and contact them to raise your concern so they can respond directly. If that doesn’t resolve it, make a formal complaint to their firm or practice and give them time to respond (up to eight weeks).

Check our complaints policy and procedure to make sure you can make a complaint to us.

Step 1

Send us your complaint

Get in touch with us. You can either complete our complaints form, or, if you would like to talk through your issue, you can give us a call on 020 3841 0300.

Step 2

Most concerns can be dealt with informally. We will assess your complaint and speak with you to find out anything else we need to know. We will listen to your concerns and explore how we can resolve them. If it can’t be resolved informally, we’ll discuss taking the complaint further.

Step 3

We will contact the member to discuss your complaint, how they can respond and your view on the possible outcome. We will ask for an explanation about their actions and the reasons for them so this can be provided to you.

We may need to provide them with the complaint form so they can provide a response, but we will discuss this with you first.

Step 4

Once we have received a response from our member we will contact you to discuss it. If you are happy with the response, the process will end here. If you are not happy – and there are no ongoing proceedings or negotiations – you can ask for the matter to be referred to our Practice Standards Panel, who will assess the complaint.

Step 5

If the Practice Standards Panel decide your complaint is justified, they will suggest a plan of action. The decision of the Practice Standards Panel is final unless the grounds for appeal are met.

Send us your complaint