Representing yourself in court as a Litigant in Person

When a relationship breaks down to the point that going to court seems like the only option Resolution would always advise seeking help and representation from one of our members. However we understand that this not always possible and that sometimes you have to represent yourself in court.

As an organisation we are committed to resolving separation issues in a constructive way and as such our Litigants in Person Committee has put together a number of information pages in order to help you if you end up in this situation.

Before you begin, have a look at our information on your options for resolution and the out of court procedures that are available and if possible speak to a Resolution member by using our Find a Law Professional search.

Resources available for those representing themselves in person without a lawyer (a ‘litigant in person’):